Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Who is God?

Who is God?
This is very important in understanding the topics I have and will bring up. I will put this in the form of God's characteristics in which he is defined by in the Bible.

God is the creator of the Universe. Genesis 1:1

God is ETERNAL:
Genesis 21:33 "he called on the name of the Lord, the Eternal God."
Psalm 90:1-4 "from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
Deuteronomy 33:27 "The eternal God is your refuge"
1 Timothy 1:17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God"

God is HOLY (without impurities):
Leviticus 11:44 "I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy."
Isaiah 6:3  “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty"
Exodus 15:11 "...majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"
1 Samuel 2:2 “There is no one holy like the Lord"

God is UNCHANGING:
Psalm 102:25-27 "But you remain the same,  and your years will never end."
Malachi 3:6  "I the Lord do not change."
James 1:17 "...coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change..."

GOD is OMNIPOTENT (All Powerful, Almighty):
Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord and mighty in power;"
Jeremiah 32:27 “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"
Job 42:2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted."
Matthew 19:26 "...with God all things are possible.”

GOD is OMNIPRESENT  (Present Everywhere):
Psalm 139:7-12 "If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there."
Jeremiah 23:23-24 "“Do not I fill heaven and earth?”declares the Lord."
Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,..."
Genesis 28:15-16 "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”

GOD is OMNISCIENT (All Knowing):
Psalm 139:1-6 "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."
Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."
Job 37:16 "...those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?"
1 John 3:20 "...God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."

Most importantly....

GOD is ONE:
Deuteronomy 4:35,39 "besides him there is no other." , "God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other."
Deuteronomy 6:4 "The Lord our God, the Lord is one."
Deuteronomy 32:39 "There is no god besides me."
2 Samuel 7:22 "...and there is no God but you..."
1 Kings 8:60 "...the Lord is God and that there is no other."
2 Kings 19:15 "...you alone are God..."
1 Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, Lord, and there is no God but you..."
Nehemiah 9:6 "You alone are the Lord."
Psalm 18:31 "For who is God besides the Lord?"
Isaiah 37:16,20 "...you alone are God" , "...you, Lord, are the only God."
Isaiah 43:10-11 "Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me." , "...and apart from me there is no savior."
Isaiah 44:6,8 "I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." , "Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”
Isaiah 46:9 "I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."
Hosea 13:4 "You shall acknowledge no God but me,  no Savior except me."
Joel 2:27  "I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other"
Zechariah 14:9 "On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name."
John 17:3 "...that they know you, the only true God..."
Romans 3:30 "since there is only one God..."
1 Corinthians 8:4 “There is no God but one.”
Galatians 3:20 "...but God is one."
Ephesians 4:6 "one God and Father of all..."
1 Timothy 1:17 "...the only God..."
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God..."
James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

Jesus proclaims it is "The Most Important Commandment"

Mark 12:28-34  “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one."
“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him."
"When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

Summary of the Facts:
1) God has many attributes, even though there are more than I listed here, these are attributed to God alone.
2) The facts are laid out simply by the links of the verses.   

No comments:

Post a Comment